Tuesday, May 24, 2011

HW 58 - Prom Interviews

Interview with girl my age who went to prom:

"Prom was a very fun night. I got to spend it with my friends and we just let loose and had a fun time. The actual prom was a good time. Music, food, dancing a lot. We then went out and had a huge water fight, which was also fun. It was a night ill never forget".

Interview with guy who didn't go to prom

"Prom was never really an interest of mine. Its looked at as the biggest, best night of the year. I just didn't see it that way. I didn't really hang out too much with classmates of mine. I had a small group of friends, that's about it. Prom is more about bonding with those you've known for the past 4 years of high school. I simply felt that it wasn't my place to go. I'm sure it would've been fun, but I don't regret not going".

Interview with older relative who understand DSP of Prom

"Prom is that big night that all high school seniors look forward to the minute that first bell of senior year rings. A lot happens during that night, some good, some not so good. But in the end its all for a memory, a memory of good times with your friends and the highlight of your high school career".


Even though the majority of modern society views Prom as a must attend event, there are people out there who have different views. Some may not feel its their place to go, and that's fine. I personally will most likely not go to prom or any other events that night, pretty much for the same reasons as above. It all depends on how you feel about the whole ordeal. However, it is true that Prom will mostly forever be dominant as a social practice that is practiced by the older generation of high school. Its an "American rite of passage".

No comments:

Post a Comment